Friday 17 May 2019

Plastic Soldier company - 20mm German halftrack sdkfz. 251/D - Kit Review

Very pleased with these overall. Ages ago I had some of the 15mm versions, but these fit perfectly alongside my new 1:72 German armour. The primary difference between the 15 and 20mm versions of course being the number of vehicles included; 5 and 3 respectively.





 
 The details and cast are very crisp and smooth, nice detailing and they are very quick to detach from the sprue and put together. I particularly like the crew figures which really add character to the vehicles. You can make all 3 regular troop carriers or modify on with a 37mm PaK AT gun. I had leftover bits and figures, so I was also quite pleased to be able to use them to add more character to my existing halftracks from Armourfast.
 They also have plentiful stowage and a selection of spare weapons to use as laid down weaponry or further baggage. These seem to include a Panzerschreck, some rifles and some spare MG42s most likely intended fot the AA pintle at the rear.


 I also particularly like the addition of the semi-concealed drivers which I think you can JUST see in the picture below.
Here we have the Armourfast halftracks updated with the PSC figures and stowage (evident from their raw plastic state) The Armourfast vehicles are Ausf. C not D, but I think they'll fit in with the others as a platoon.

 The figure already in one of the halftracks by the way is a Pegasus figure from the "Germans in Berlin" set, which I am also working on at the moment for some Volksturm.
The whole 'Squad'....

I really like these vehicles and will definitely be getting some more. Potentially the variants set next!
The Armourfast ones are just as nice, but lack the options for crew and stowage, and have a slightly simpler detailing. Also, Armourfast as yet only do an Ausf. C option. Hopefully get a post up soon of them painted and battle damaged.








No comments:

Post a Comment