Wednesday 14 September 2011

6mm beginnings...

Right, it finally seems I have stumbled upon a scale that's perfect for my needs...
A. As an obsessive with quantity and epic scale...i.e if I'm going to re-enact Kursk, I want to do it in 1:1 scale...in parts of course...otherwise I would be needing five generals a side, and a 20x6 foot table...even in 6mm.
B. In the way of storage, saving of save, and financial leniency...(games workshop can in this respect...leave town)

There's something remarkably beautiful about a 4x4 foot table capable of holding a decent game with company level combatants :)

So indeed...contributing factors to delving into 6mm (not to sound like a stuck record in this respect)

1. Cost
2. Sheer number of troops it's possible to field.
3. Space saving
4. A real feel of actually commanding an army...not an undersized company.
5. I won't add "ease of painting" because for me, painting is about half the hobby...so yeah, I will strive to get as much detail as possible into my 1:285 scale tanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment